LETS GET CONNECTED
Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Forum is a Facebook page for the Beaconsfield/ Upper Beaconsfield and surrounding locals.
It was set up and is still overseen by a couple of dedicated locals for the purpose of community safety and awareness but has evolved to be so much more than that.
It is a great page to see what is going on in the community, see what events might be taking place and see what might be happening at any given time in our town.
It is a fantastic page for those wanting to meet new people, those who are a little isolated or those who just like to know what’s going on. It has also proven to be great referral service from locals for anything from where to have a coffee, where to get a haircut or your car serviced to kids wanting part time work.
The posts can be random, funny, a community notice board and it allows for good active chit chat.
It has been noted in many journals the benefits of a community forum is mostly about people feeling engaged in their community. The benefits below show that people do want to be a part of their community and know their neighbours and in this busy world we live in this is a great place to start.
• Online discussion forums have benefits at individual and society level.
• They are positively linked to well-being for stigmatised group members.
• Online discussion forum use is linked to offline civic engagement in related areas.
• Identification with other forum users mediates the above relationships.
• Online discussion forums are of greater applied importance than has been realized.
So if you want to know the latest news, keep abreast of any activity in the area, be apart of footy picks, or Christmas decoration competitions then check out the Beaconsfield Neighbourhood forum on Facebook.